Oopsie Daisy Flowers & Gifts
Solway Flower Demonstration 2020
On Wednesday 19th February I was invited to demonstrate 5 floral arrangements for the lovely ladies of the Solway Flower Club. It was a wet, wild and windy evening so it was a pleasure to see so many of the club's members in attendance at Beaumont Parish Hall.
I chose the theme of 'Flowers in Love' as it was so close to Valentine's Day and created 5 different designs that I thought best represented this.
- The first arrangement featured a large square container which I added white berk twigs to create height at the centre and added red roses, carnations and gerbera at different levels. The remaining oasis foam was covered in moss. To finish I added red wooden heart decorations to the twigs.
- The second design used a glass cube vase which I disguised the oasis foam using imitation aspidistra ribbon. Fresh folded aspidistra leaves were used at the back and grass hearts were wired into the design. Red roses and heart picks were used to add colour with eucalyptus to fill up the gaps. Pearl heart shaped pins were used to embellish the rose heads.
- The third design was one of the popular choices on my website for Valentine's Day the previous week; a vase arrangement with a red sisal collar and heart decoration. Which is also an eco-friendly design. To create this, I simply arranged the flowers into a handtied bouquet and popped it straight into the vase.
- The fourth design was a floral Valentine's card in an envelope style container. I decided to use smaller, daintier flowers in this piece for a more delicate look. Lisianthus, alstromeria, santini chrysanthemum, gypsophila and mini gerbera were included with foliage.
- And finally, for the fifth design I created something perfect for a romantic, candlelit dinner for two! An oval design with a white taper candle at the centre with red carnations, spray carnations, gerbera and pink avalanche roses.
Each of the flower arrangements were then raffled to the flower club members who got to take them home!
I'm now looking forward to my future demonstrations at Abbeytown Flower Club in April and Cummersdale WI in May.
I am also hosting a Macmillan Coffee, Cake and Oopsie Daisy Flower Demonstration on Friday 25th September at Currock House Community Centre, Lediard Avenue, Carlisle CA2 4BS. To keep up to date with all the details please join the Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/183581669379777/