How to make your flowers last longer!
Almost everyone loves to receive flowers, or treats themselves from time to time to a lovely bunch, so we’re going to make sure you get the most of out of your cut flowers, ensuring they last as long as possible.
Here are some simple yet essential tips for the longevity of your flowers. By doing this with every bunch you’ll get the best out of your blooms.
- Select an appropriate vase for the amount and length of the flowers, it must be clean as bacteria is a flowers worst nightmare!
- Once you unwrap your flowers cut the stems to size, preferably at a 45 degree angle, as this will ensure maximum exposure to the water so they can drink more.
- Add the flower food to the specified amount of water and add to the vase, this will really help preserve your blooms.
- Before placing your flowers in the vase, make sure there will be no leaves below the water line, this will keep the water cleaner for longer.
- When finding a suitable place for your vase, out of direct sunlight is always best. Some cool and shady will help them to last longer. Also don’t them near fruit as it can be toxic to flowers, especially bananas.
- Change the water in the vase every couple of days, ensuring you wash the vase with soap and water to disperse of any lingering bacteria. In warmer weather do this every day.
- As some of your flowers finish blooming remove them from the vase so they don’t decay the flowers that are still in bloom. Remove brown petals and deadheads.
- Enjoy your flowers for longer.
By following these easy guidelines your flowers will last longer every time! If you buy from your local florist such as Oopsie Daisy Flowers & Gifts, your flowers will have been expertly cared for and conditioned before you buy them!